LSG Sky Chefs reached an agreement for the government to provide CAREs ACT grants and loans.
- LSG Sky Chefs is contacting workers to be either recalled back to work OR to be permanently laid off.
- LSG Sky Chefs will recall 75% of the national bargaining unit.
- They will layoff the remaining workers (about 25%).
- Workers recalled must agree to return to work or will be considered to have voluntarily quit and no longer qualify for unemployment benefits.
- We must push the company to allow workers in high risk health situations to be put on payroll but not come in to work/work less to reduce potential exposure.
- We must push the company to comply with the CAREs ACT by paying all recalled workers at least forty (40) hours a week thru September 2020.
Lets stay united and diligent to make sure LSG follows through for our members. Please contact your union leader for more information.